Coronavirus (COVID-19) New Rules for Golf Courses in the Algarve & Portugal.
Golfers should do the following:
- Only arrive at the teeing area no earlier than five minutes before the starting time.
- Apply and maintain social distancing measures when authorized to use the teeing area. Players in the same group should wait for their turn to play, at a distance from each other, and if available, at the specified location previously marked on the ground.
- Maintain a two-club distance (approximately 2 meters) from other players, including at the teeing area and the green.
- Pick up the ball from the hole as carefully as possible.
- Smooth bunkers with their feet or a club.
Golfers should NOT do the following:
- Physically greet other playing partners before or during the game.
- Remove or touch the flagstick.
- Exchange scorecards with other players or physically check another player's scorecard.
General Course Information:
- Scorecards can be returned to the Committee by electronic means (for example, taking a photo or using an app)
- The Committee may decide to remove all flagsticks from the golf course.
- For bunker play, no Local Rules can be applied that would modify the applicable Rules of Golf, such as relief from footprints.
- Rounds can be acceptable for handicap purposes if at least a part of the ball is below the surface of the putting green.
- Pairs formats of play with ball sharing, such as Foursomes and Greenstones, are not allowed.